As the UK government and public health are taking urgent actions to slow the spread of the Covid-19 virus, nearly every organisation now feels the impact. Together we are facing a truly unprecedented situation. The global corona-virus (Covid-19) pandemic is affecting all of our families, our businesses, our communities and our way of life. During this difficult time, we recognise the trust businesses place in us to ensure the digital and online side of their businesses is fully operative.
While it might be tempting to now tighten the reins on your marketing budget amid all these concerns of an potential recessions, halting spending now could have an even more negative impact on your future opportunities. Digital marketing is now more important than ever as many people are self-isolating. As a result, they will be hungry for content. With people sitting on their laptops, phones and tablets consuming online content, demand for online advertising and e-Commerce is likely to grow due to people avoiding physical transactions.
If you want to make an impact on your online presence using digital marketing, now is the time. The major advantage of digital or online marketing is that it can be applied universally and its results are measurable. Our advice to our clients is to revamp your existing marketing campaigns or brainstorm new ones with us, as there is a great opportunity to be found online and grow your businesses online presence and lead generation activities or online sales. Focusing your efforts on digital marketing in the wake of the corona-virus outbreak will give you a competitive advantage over your competitors who may not be so quick to react.
We have hence offered some free advice below for your convenience:
- – Find alternatives to attending Live Events
- – Communicate what measures you have taken (or are taking) to your customers
- – Inform your customers of how the pandemic is affecting your business with them (delivery times, refunds, etc)
- – Let your loyal customers know what to expect from you in the coming weeks
- – Create educational content to remain on your customers minds
- – Remain calm and assure your customers
- – Work on your Website content
- – Re-evaluate the need for a physical location
Even if you are not thinking about investing your marketing budget on advertising, there are many options that you can explore and apply to maximise your business visibility and your marketing strategy. Some include:
- – Ensuring your website content is well-optimised for search
- – Updating your Google My Business page with the most accurate, up-to-date information
- – Improving their website user experience to increase online conversions
- – Exploring new paid advertising opportunities, including social media ads
- – Employing SEO tactics and strategies to retain your website ranking
- – Developing more engaging email marketing campaigns
- – Using video marketing to stand out in customers’ crowded news-feeds
While the corona-virus pandemic has already had a significant impact on the business community and the economy, your company still has plenty of opportunities to be there for your customers and prospects through the crisis. Although it’s frustrating to back away from face-to-face interactions, you can offset some of that impact by ramping up your online presence. If you need help planning your next move or revisiting your marketing strategy in response to the corona-virus crisis, we’re here to help.
Please be aware that CFM Group will remain open and available throughout this period and will be here for you for any of your needs or requirements.
I’d love to hear your view so do not hesitate to contact me, subscribe to this blog for free, click here to arrange a FREE Consultancy meeting, send me an email at [email protected] or Follow me below on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram