In today’s digital world, it is more important than ever to ensure your business is online. Customers look online for the products they need, they go online to get more information about almost anything. Now, if you’re looking to expand your business and create a stronger customer base, having a website is only just the beginning. With a Google My Business listing, you can add your business details to Google, showcase your services, and much more. It’s free to use this tool, which considerably helps to drive your online presence forward.
Google My Business is a core element of local SEO. It’s important to highlight at this point just how crucial it is that your listing data is accurate and kept up to date. Research suggests that 50% of consumers visit a store or business the day of performing a local search, such as ‘dry cleaners near me’,
So let’s have a look at what the setup process for a Google My Business page looks like.
What is Google Business
Google My Business is a free tool that allows you to promote your Business Profile and business website on Google Search and Maps. With your Google My Business account, you can see and connect with your customers and see how customers are interacting with your business. More recently Google has also released a new feature allowing you to post a link to articles or up-and-coming events. as well as posting special offers to your Business Profile. Customers can reach you in multiple ways by connecting through calling, messaging or leaving reviews.
If you own a business then we recommend that you set yourself up on Google My Business (GMB) page. So let us take you through the steps on how to set it up.
How to set up Google My Business
- At first, you will need to Create a GMB by clicking here which will take you directly to the set -up page.
- Next, you will be prompted to Search for your Business by name and address. Don’t worry if you can’t find your business automatically. All you need to do is fill in the required information.
- Claim Your Google My Business Page once you have found your business or after you have finished creating it. Click on the listing. After this, you will need to confirm that you are “authorised to manage this business”
- You may also be asked to Position a Marker on the Location of your business or chain’s branch on a map. If your business doesn’t have a physical location but operates within a service area, you can list the area instead. Click next to move on.
- Here you will be able to Choose How Your Business will Display on Google Maps.
- Click Next. If you also serve customers outside your business address, you’ll have the option to List your Service Areas as well. Otherwise if you don’t serve customers at your business address. At the bottom, click I deliver goods and services to my customers and then Next. You can then list your service areas, then click Next.
- Search for and Select a Business Category. Then, click Next.
- At this stage, you are prompted to complete the Verification Process. Google needs to be able to prove that your business is where it says it is. Therefore you will need to verify your business. A verification code is required to move onto the next stage. The 3 easiest and most common methods of obtaining the verification code are through Phone Verification. An automated message will read aloud the verification code. Postcard Verification – All business will have this verification process made available to them. A verification postcard is sent to the business address attached with a code. Email Verification – This option may only be available to some business, if it shows as an option. You will receive your verification code via the inbox in which your Google account is associated with. Once the code has been received, all you need to do is enter the code and you will now officially be verified!
That’s it, you are all set up and ready to showcase your Business to millions of people searching online and on Google on a daily basis.
There are over 2 trillion Google searches per day in 2020. Internet Live Stats, an excellent source for making assumptions, claims around 5.5 billion searches done on Google per day or over 63,000 search queries done per second. So it’s time you also added your Business there, post regularly, and make sure all the information placed is correct!
This is one of the best free ways of appearing in Google search results which you don’t want to miss out on. Make sure that you keep these details up to date and as detailed as possible to optimise your page.
Google My Business is one of the most powerful ways to boost your business online visibility. So take the first step by creating your GMB profile now!
CFM GROUP has over 8 years of experience in the Website Development market. Just read our testimonials to know you are in good hands. Every single website we create is bespoke because no single client is the same. Getting to know your business and your exact needs are integral to producing a beautiful website that looks professional and sells your services or products to your target audience effectively.
We’d love to hear your view so do not hesitate to contact us, subscribe to this blog for free, or click here to arrange a FREE Consultancy meeting. Keep up to date with the latest content by following our Social profiles on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.